The Quality Mark for
Youth Work In Wales
Quality Mark Award Holders
We are delighted to post the latest list of Award Holders for the Quality Mark at the end of 2018. Congratulations to the 17 youth work organisations that have achieved the Quality Mark. Thanks also to the 25 Assessors from across the Youth Work Sector in Wales who have given their time to make the awards possible.
Youth work – Best Practice Case Studies
We have now assessed 17 organisations for Quality Mark awards and have found many examples of best practice. To promote the good practice we have found we have shared some case studies along with films produced by the Welsh Government below which we hope you will find interesting.
- Vale of Glamorgan Youth Service
- Ceredigion Youth Service
- Urdd Gobaith Cymru
- Cardiff Youth Service
- YMCA Cardiff
- Torfaen Youth Service
- Merthyr Youth Service
- YMCA Swansea
- Youth Cymru
- Neath Port Talbot Youth Service
- Conwy Youth Service
Cwmbran Centre for Young People
RCT Youth Engagement & Participation Service
Atkin Associates has been commissioned by the Welsh Government to deliver the nationally recognised Quality Mark for Youth Work in Wales until March 2019.
Louise Atkin and Sue Quinn will be working on this project, supported by Kath Day.
The Quality Mark can be used for self-assessment, to plan for improvement and to gain the nationally recognised Quality Mark. It is suitable for any organisation that delivers youth work in Wales.
The Quality Mark for Youth Work in Wales consists of two distinct elements:
- Quality Standards for Youth Work – a set of Indicators and Quality Standards that organisations can use to self-assess the quality and impact of their work with young people and develop plans for improvement.
- A Quality Mark for Youth Work in Wales – a nationally recognised quality mark that organisations can apply for by developing a self-assessment and portfolio of evidence which is externally assessed.
The Quality Mark consists of:
- Three levels – Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Four Quality Standards within each level.
- Quality Standards comprising three associated indicators.
We will be working with the Welsh Government to promote and roll out the Quality Mark across the youth work sector in Wales. Working with current and new assessors, we are looking forward to carrying out assessments for the Bronze, Silver and Gold awards.
You can access the Quality standards by downloading the links below or they are also available here at the Welsh Government Website.
Get in touch
If you would like to register your interest for a Quality Mark external assessment, please get in touch using this contact form or call us on 07538 271495.