The Quality Mark for
Youth Work In Wales
Youth work – Best Practice Films
There are some excellent examples of work with young people taking place across Wales. In order to share some of these examples of best practice and the impact they have on the lives of young people involved, we commissioned the development of three short films.
We ask that you share these films widely with your staff and colleagues and on social media.
Atkin Associates has been commissioned by the Welsh Government to deliver the nationally recognised Quality Mark for Youth Work in Wales until March 2019.
Louise Atkin and Sue Quinn will be working on this project, supported by Lisa Harvey.
The Quality Mark can be used for self-assessment, to plan for improvement and to gain the nationally recognised Quality Mark. It is suitable for any organisation that delivers youth work in Wales.
The Quality Mark for Youth Work in Wales consists of two distinct elements:
- Quality Standards for Youth Work – a set of Indicators and Quality Standards that organisations can use to self-assess the quality and impact of their work with young people and develop plans for improvement.
- A Quality Mark for Youth Work in Wales – a nationally recognised quality mark that organisations can apply for by developing a self-assessment and portfolio of evidence which is externally assessed.
The Quality Mark consists of:
- Three levels – Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Four Quality Standards within each level.
- Quality Standards comprising three associated indicators.
We will be working with the Welsh Government to promote and roll out the Quality Mark across the youth work sector in Wales. Working with current and new assessors, we are looking forward to carrying out assessments for the Bronze, Silver and Gold awards.
You can access the Quality standards by downloading the links below or they are also available here at the Welsh Government Website.
Get in touch
If you would like to register your interest for a Quality Mark external assessment, please get in touch using this contact form or call us on 07538 271495.